Quick Facts About Pokhara
Quick Facts about Pokhara
1. Pokhara also known as "Lake City". Lakes like Phewa Lake, Begnas lake, Rupa Lake are some of the famous ones located here.
2. It’s also known as a gateway to the Annapurna Circuit, one of the best trekking routes in the world and other popular trails in the Himalayas.
3. Within Pokhara Tal Barahi Temple, a 2-story pagoda, sits on an island in the lake is a must visit place for all.
4. On the Eastern shore, the Lakeside district has Yoga Centers, Ayurvedic Massage Centers, and restaurants & resorts.
5. In the city’s South, the International Mountain Museum has exhibits on the history of mountaineering and the people of the Himalayas.
6. Elevation: 1,400 m
7. Area: 464.2 km²
8. Population: 264,991 (2011)
9. Province: Gandaki Pradesh
10. Mayor: Mr. Man Bahadur GC